Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spread the Word to End the Word!

It's that time again to spread the word to end the word. To raise awareness against hateful words. Namely the R-word. I have had personal experience with this word in my life and other hateful words against my two brothers. Stand up to the R-word and other offensive words that are derogatory in nature. And if you use the R-word it shows your lack of education and lack of the english language. Evolve into something better.


1 comment:

  1. my grandpa had a younger brother with down syndrome and luckily for me I was taught growing up to always show respect to my grandpa and his brother by never labeling him or anyone with the r-word. Name calling on any level is rude, regardless of a handicap or disability. I'm grateful that because of my parents I can be more compassionate to not just those with a disability but to those who might not understand what knowing someone with a disability is like. And that my compassion can help people who chose to use the R-word better understand why it is so demeaning. I hope that regardless of what words others chose to label people with I can strive to show respect to them by teaching them why the word is hurtful, instead of judging them for using it.

    ReplyDelete

Category List