Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sequential Imaging and First Postings of Art Work

Well, I (me, McLean) have officially been accepted into Broadview University in their Bachelor of Fine Arts in the Sequential Imaging degree. Now you may be asking yourself, "what the crap is sequential imaging?" Sequential imaging is the ability to tell a story with pictures. So, I will be learning to do illustrations for books, storyboards for movies, character/vehicle/background design for movies and video games, and learn how to write, pencil, ink, color and layout comic books and graphic novels. And that's just a few things. It will definitely make me a better artist and get into a field I love. Mary also thinks I should start to show off a little bit. I normally don't show off my work too often. Mainly because I never think it's good enough to show. But, Mary thinks I should start since my art will be seen more. So, I'll just start with a few right now and more will soon follow.


This first one is a self portrait. This one was long and grueling, because it is made up of small squares that each have a different shade of gray in them. So up close it just looks like distorted shades of gray, but when you stand back you see the image. Distorted Me.














This one is a drawing of my beautiful wife Mary on our wedding day. I love the original picture that was taken by Luke Hansen. I just had to try and draw it. When I scanned it however, it doesn't really show the full value level because it's a little light. I did the best I could to make it stand out more just so you could see the title of it, Love.













I wanted to do something for Halloween, so I drew a zombie in a graveyard. After I penciled it something was still missing. I then decided to ink it. I've only done inking a few times before and I'm starting to really enjoy it.

















This last one it was not suppose to look like this. It started out as a picture of a young woman and I'm not sure what happened next. Maybe I saw a story about how more women are going under the knife to acheve beauty. Maybe I had just watched Terminator 2 and was inspired by the moving, hefty thumbs up as the terminator is destroyed. Maybe I dug deep into that creepy part of my imagination. Maybe it was a combination of all three. In the end it turned out like this. An Artificial Beauty.

1 comment:

Category List