Friday, September 10, 2010

The R-word

The R-word has slipped into everyday vocabulary with ease. Some use it and don't even realize they are saying it. Most say it and don't think about who they are offending. It is a word that must be stopped. Come up with a different word to describe someone or something you think is being dumb or stupid. What is the R-word? Retard or retarded. I hate these words. I have only seen the ugly side of these words. Having two brothers with autism and over the years hearing them be called: freak, spaz, dumbass and stupid. But, the one word that always hurt the most was hearing them be called a retard. It's a vile word that I rank near the top of offending words. So when I hear some one use this word to describe someone who is acting strange or slow or dumb, it sends a shock through my body. Have you ever noticed you never really hear that word on TV? It's because it is an offensive word much like the n-word or the word fagot. You don't hear those on TV much do you? It's a word that needs to be eradicated from everyday vocabulary. If I hear you say this word I will give you a warning to not use it around me again. If I hear you say it again I will give you an example of what it's like for me. Please do not make it to this point. For a while I just brushed off this word for fear of offending someone. Then I realized I'm the one they are offending. And I will be giving an education.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Category List