Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cricket Injury

For our current Coomans Family Home Evening we went to a local park and had a field day of sorts. Ross and I played badminton and he wore me out. Mary played catch with our cousin Dylan. And Spencer sat in the car because he didn't want to be there. Then came the time where my uncle Peter was going to teach everyone Cricket. Peter and his boys showed us how it's done and then said who's next? Mary and I got up there and I was first to bat. And in the the game of Cricket you have two batters up at the same time and when one gets a hit you run back and forth between two posts. Well I got a hit and started running to which Mary had to run as well. And as she approached the first post across from her, she slid into a small hole and injured her foot. She is fine. Her foot is still swollen and is bruised pretty good, but, she is fine. I think it's a fun game and my brother Ross got in on the act, which is way fun to see. But, I also see how dangerous it can be... when playing around gopher holes in the lawn anyway.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely Cricket! We are glad Mary's foot is feeling better. We are looking forward to Mary smashing it for six next time we play! PAJGD

    ReplyDelete

Category List